July 30, 2019
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat bran
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk + 1 tbsp. lemon juice added
- 1⁄3 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together Wheat Bran and milk * lemon; let stand.
- Combine the coconut oil, egg, honey, and vanilla and add it to the bran-milk mixture, this is now your first mixture.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to the first mixture, stir until just blended and add the raisins.
- Line muffin tins with baking cup papers and spoon into baking cup papers using all the batter.
- Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Note: I bake mine for only 15 minutes and find them much moister.